Fluent in Spanish, French, Italian, and Farsi, and licensed to practice law in the State of California, New York State, and the District of Columbia, I am a Juris Doctor graduate of UC Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco. In both state and federal courts, I have worked successfully on multi-million dollar cases representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants, high stakes criminal actions, class action lawsuits, complex multiparty actions, very high-conflict divorces, and social impact litigation. I am a dynamic attorney possessing very successful years of experience working with Plaintiff-side and Non-Profit law firms in the State of California, including Communities for a Better Environment, Earthjustice, and Education Not Incarceration.
I have represented various businesses and individuals throughout the State of California in various transactions and litigation matters, including Intellectual Property Law, Employment Law, Corporate Law, and Real Estate Law. I serve as the General Counsel for MaPhone, LLC, a mobile phone software company employing groundbreaking technology in GPS navigation systems and mobile telephony.
Despite my intense schedule, I nevertheless often donate more than the State Bar recommended number of hours every year to clients in desperate need of legal representation because I am committed to delivering to the people of our community the justice they truly deserve, rather than merely the justice they can afford.
“I find your transition from teacher, professor, and farm-worker to a public interest attorney to be both poignant and inspiring . . . I want to thank you for all that you do and tell you how great your involvement in social justice truly is. I know it might not mean much, but you have truly convinced a seventeen year-old girl that a career in law might be for her.”
- Part of a Letter to Aly Ebrahimzadeh, Esq. from a Sacramento, CA High School Student, May 21, 2010.
Constantly abreast of the most modern developments and techniques in the practice of the law, I am a highly persuasive Litigator and a sharp Legal Strategist focused on preventing unnecessary conflicts and resolving disputes efficiently and fairly. My clients very much appreciate my uniquely personable and communicative style and see me as a great ally in bringing clarity and justice to turgid legal conflicts. Similarly, opposing counsel respect me as a sincere negotiator and as a powerful opponent. Be it on paper, in court, or at the negotiation table, I am a formidable force, bringing passion and experience in the name of justice to the practice of the law.
I have proudly served in the past as an At Large Member of the Board of Directors of the National Lawyer’s Guild, San Francisco Chapter – one of our nation’s oldest, most prestigious, and effective associations of progressive attorneys committed to working for social justice. Much respected for my dedication to Pro Bono community education and professional expertise, I have also been internationally broadcast on progressive television and radio stations where I have provided free attorney consultation to minority and low-income callers and professional legal commentary on complex and current environmental and constitutional issues affecting civil rights and justice.
I am a recipient of the Bernard E. Witkin Award for Academic Excellence and the CALI Excellence for the Future Award, and a Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society graduate of Brandeis University, which I attended as a Justice Louis D. Brandeis Scholar and where I was dignified as a nominee of the national President Harry S. Truman Scholarship.
A bit about me, personally: I spent years traveling and working extensively throughout Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, and North America. I have worked on organic farms, ranches, and vineyards in New Zealand, Sweden, and France. For years prior to my work as an attorney, I was a successful educator at the secondary school and college levels and a proud recipient of the California Governor’s Teaching Fellowship, awarded to the 1,000 best teachers in the State of California dedicated to social justice in our communities. I am a performing musician, a dancer, a creative writer, and a visual artist. I enjoy motorcycle travels, slow food, gardening, music from bluegrass to folk, jazz to classical, and taking my dogs to the beach.
I understand and appreciate my clients’ needs for justice, and I am dedicated to providing exactly that with grace and passion. As you can read in the dozens of testimonials written by clients about me, I am an outstanding lawyer offering my clients with incisive legal representation in various courtrooms in New York State, Northern, Central, and Southern California and the Inland Empire, including the greater metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Diego, Bakersfield, Redding, and Sacramento, as well as the District of Columbia. You can read more about my professional experience by visiting my Sample Case History webpage on this site.
I am licensed to practice law in the federal and state courts of California, including the Federal District Courts for the Northern District of California, the US Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern District of California, the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the California Supreme Court, all the California Appellate Courts, and all the Superior Courts throughout the entire State of California, the Superior Court and Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia, and all the State Trial Courts and Appellate Courts of New York State.
I invite you to contact me so that we can meet soon for an Initial Consultation to discuss an effective strategy to resolve your serious concerns.
Ali Ebrahimzadeh, Esq. Attorney Profile:
- Juris Doctor, University of California, Hastings College of the Law: Recipient of the Bernard E. Witkin Award for Academic Excellence and CALI Excellence for the Future Award.
- Bachelor of Arts, European Cultural Studies, Brandeis University: Phi Beta Kappa Society Graduate, Honors Graduate, Justice Louis D. Brandeis Scholar, Nominated for Harry S. Truman Scholarship.
- Coursework, Ph.D. Program in Comparative Literature, University of California, Davis
- Coursework, Master of Arts Program in Education and Bilingual Teaching Credential, University of California, Santa Cruz, California Governor’s Teaching Fellowship Recipient
- Certified Parenting Coordinator for High Conflict Child Custody Disputes, Northern California Mediation Center.
- Fluent French, Spanish, Italian, Farsi and English. Basic German.
- Accepting new clients for Litigation, Transactions, Negotiations, Arbitration and Mediation in California and Washington, D.C.
- Areas of Law: Business, Property, Criminal Defense, Family Law, and Education Law.
- Attorney Member in Good Standing:
Past and Present Professional Affiliations of Mr. Ali Ebrahimzadeh, Esq.:
- National Lawyer’s Guild, Board of Directors
- Iranian-American Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- ACBA, Volunteer Legal Svcs. Corp.
- California Lawyers for the Arts
- American Bar Association